|Closure of Unauthorized Dump Sites in Greater Baku Area|
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in DgMarket, on July 11, 2009.
2. The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development toward the cost of Integrated Solid Waste Management Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the Contract for Closure of Unauthorized Dump Sites in Greater Baku Area.
3. The Project Management Team (PMT) at the Ministry of Economic Development now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Closure of Unauthorized Dump Sites in Greater Baku Area. The duration of the contract is 12 months.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (May 2004 Revised October 1, 2006 & May 1, 2010), and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee 120 AZN or in 150 USD. The method of payment will be direct deposit or wire transfer to the below account in favor of the Ministry of Economic Development, Integrated Solid Waste Management Project.
The Bidding Documents will be sent by courier service and by E-mail
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 p.m. (local Baku time) 15 May, 2012. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 15:00 p.m. (local Baku time) 15 May, 2012. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 180,000 USD or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
8. The addresses referred to above are:
Project Management Team