|Rehabilitation of Balakhani Landfill|
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in UNDB online, on February 06, 2014.
2. The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan has received additional financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development toward the cost of Integrated Solid Waste Management Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the Contract for Rehabilitation and creation of new cells in Balakhani landfill: Perimetric embankment & dividing berms, dynamic compaction of waste, leveling layer, creation of new landfill cells in lower area, establishment of capping systems with gas and storm water collection/ disposal systems with artificial impermeable layers; leachate collection system with mechanical and electrical installations; construction of all necessary internal roads; flood protection works other necessary incidentals (biogas wells, water collection ditches, fences and gates etc.); grassing and planting of final layers and landscaping works.
3. The Project Management Team (PMT) at the Ministry of Economy and Industry now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Rehabilitation of Balakhani Landfill. The duration of the contract is 24 months.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January, 2011), and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee 250 AZN or in 300 USD. The method of payment will be direct deposit or wire transfer to the below account in favor of the Ministry of Economy and Industry, Integrated Solid Waste Management Project. The Bidding Documents will be sent by courier.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 p.m. (local Baku time) 30 June, 2014. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 15:05 p.m. (local Baku time) 30 June, 2014. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 700,000 USD or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
8. The addresses referred to above are: