Vacancy Announcement: Civil Engineer
Position/Title: Civil Engineer
Project/Office: Integrated Solid Waste Management Project (ISWM) under the Ministry of Economic Development
Project Management Team: The Project Management Team (PMT) manages day-to-day project implementation, including but not limited to, checking, verifying and development of designs, procurement and financial management, management of (foreign and local) consultants, implementation of the project on-site according to budget and on schedule.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The followings are the responsibilities of Civil engineer consultant:
• Render specific assistance to the PMT in the procurement of construction and rehabilitation works in connection with Procurement Specialist and Project Coordinator;
• Arrange publication of notices about rehabilitation and construction works (design estimates, engineering supervision, direct rehabilitation and construction works);
• Assist the consultant company in development of design estimates;
• Arrange engineering supervision services for rehabilitation and construction works;
• Develop all documents related to the correspondence (letters, contracts, interpretations, etc.) about tender/competitive bidding process;• Plan and conduct pre-bidding meetings, if necessary;
• Assist the Procurement Specialist in administration of contracts on rehabilitation and construction works, keep the execution of contracts under supervision, review actual state of rehabilitation works on-site and report the results to PMT management;
• Provide expertise on the documents incoming to PMT during the execution of contracts on rehabilitation and construction works and identify necessary arrangements; • Design relevant archiving and file system on rehabilitation and construction works;
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Director of PMT.
• A university degree in relevant disciplines such as: civil/construction engineering or architecture;
• A minimum of five (3) years professional experience in construction or repair/rehabilitation works, including project supervision;
• Experience in planning, document preparation and coordination of rehabilitation and construction works;
• Advanced computer (PC) skills, including Office and related software in civil engineering and/or architecture is an advantage.
Applicants should send CV to the following address:
55, Khojaly Avenue, Baku AZ1025, Azerbaijan
Application deadline: November 5, 2013
• Please mention the name of vacancy in the mail subject.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
2010-2017 Copyright ISWM, Azerbaijan. Support: NetSoft